We understand that youth today are susceptible to mental health concerns. However, early intervention and prevention can have a significant positive impact on a young person’s prognosis. Keeping this in mind, our team has designed Minds Matter, the first school-based mental health curriculum in India. This curriculum is woven into the classroom timetable and incorporates mental health literacy, psychosocial intervention, and professional treatments, if required.
1. Supporting Mental Health Literacy at all grade levels
2. Incorporating Mental Health Professionals in the Classroom To help build trust and create a larger interface with the student body.
3. Building a Safe Space To facilitate sharing and encourage pro-social behavior amongst the learners.
4. Promoting Social, Emotional, and Psychological Well-being To help build resilience and healthy coping mechanisms.
5. Encouraging Help Seeking Behaviours Navigating learners to introspect and reach out.
6. Contributing to Early Prevention, Identification, and Intervention To increase the likelihood of a good prognosis.
Core Elements are divided into a fundamental and behavioural component that describes an internal and external experience for the learner. They are essentially qualities and life skills that will benefit the learner and others around him.